Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Get Busy!

I just noticed that I haven't published a blog in some time. Reason? I've been busy. SUPER busy. At one point this year I was writing, rehearsing and performing with 5 different acts. In addition to my regular commercial songwriting venture and co-writing with other artists for future releases.

How does this "save the music scene"? you ask. I believe every scene needs to have workaholics to drive and inspire others to work and play hard. Also, to collaborate and create new music and experiences for themselves and those they work with. I believe one of the things that really drove the Seattle music scene explosion in the 90's (ie grunge) was there were a lot of locals writing outside their set bands or groups. This is true support of the scene from within.

Go see your local bands. Share with your friends and fans when you find something exciting. The average citizen looks to their musician friends to be up on the latest and greatest music coming from the forefront. If you really like a singer (guitarist, drummer, whatever) see if you can connect. Just to jam or write together. You will take away something. Guaranteed.

As always, we welcome your feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment